[mpeg2] Re: Driver project: a new 4-channel MPEG decoder card

Warren Young wrote:

> Allan Jacobsen wrote:
> >
> > Warren Young wrote:
> > >
> > > I said that Sigma already has a 1-channel decoder with a Linux driver.
> >
> > Well, the Sigma driver for their NetStream2000 card is
> > not open source, and they will not release it outside
> > their company.
>
> The _driver_ is open source.  Only the user-mode library necessary to
> completely talk to the driver is closed.  I don't know how much of a
> problem that is.  I suppose the user-mode side could have critical
> things like microcode in it...  The user-mode library almost certainly
> also has things like the CSS decryptor, but my projects don't need
> De-CSS functionality.
OK, you are right, but the driver without the library is completely
useless.
It does not contain anything about: bitrate, resolution, Mpeg1/2 data,
program stream/transport stream, audio ac3/mpeg 2, audio bitrate,
audio sampling freq. etc.....

--
MVH / Best Regards
Allan Jacobsen, AJ17-DK