[mpeg2] deinterlacer

Hello,

I am recording throught the mpeg2 kfir card a composite
video signal from a VHS tape.

The digital quality appears about that of the video signal, except
when there is motion.  The I get some very annoying interlacing
lines around the moving objects.

Amazingly, I have found a replica of the problem here:
http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/screenshots/index.htm

They seem to have the solution to the problem - does anyone
know how I can stop the interlacing around moving objects with
the kfir card?  How do i deinterlace the signal?

Their solution seems to only work with analog pictures on a
projector, but I haven't read enough to figure out exactly what they
are doing - except that their software is currently only windows GPL,
I'll rip the source and port if I absolutely have to, but I would like to
know if anyone has found a solution thus far to this problem.

Thanks,
Torsten

Home | Main Index | Thread Index