[mpeg2] Re: deinterlacer

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Torsten Howard wrote:
> Amazingly, I have found a replica of the problem here:
> http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/screenshots/index.htm
> They seem to have the solution to the problem - does anyone
> know how I can stop the interlacing around moving objects with
> the kfir card?  How do i deinterlace the signal?

Their solution only works (and is only intended) for progressive images,
that is to say, 24fps film telecine'd for NTSC or PAL broadcast. All they
are doing is undoing the field pulldown and reconstructing the progressive
images on the fly (which is actually a very impressive trick).

If your source is 60fps live video, it won't really help you.

-Dan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index