[mpeg2] jittery picture

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has any recording tips.

I'm getting a very jittery picture - I have put a sample
here:
http://www.atlantic.ne/~torsten

the jitter occurs at the end.  It seems like I did not
have this problem before.  Also, I recorded video with
a very clear picture, no jitter.

It seems the jitter correlates with the picture quality,
is this true?

Also, in the sample - this is a poor quality video, I
believe from the 70's.  The picture is grainy, much
what you would expect from old film.  The jitter
seems to always occur about the same parts of
the film, and especially during panning.

This is strange because I have recorded slightly
worse video without a hint of jump or jitter - on this
same system.    When I used to get jitter, a reboot
fixed the recording problem.  Now it doesn't.

I can't pinpoint what is going wrong, please help.
I am very appreciative of any pointers.

Thanks,
Torsten

Home | Main Index | Thread Index