[mpeg2] Re: [mpeg2]How to reduce MPEG-2 coding delay

Frank Rosengart writes:
 > Rob Morris wrote:
 >
 > > I'm not sure what 'significantly longer' than 1 frame means, but the nature
 > > of MPEG-2 requires a few frame latency.
 >
 > You got it. It's not the best idea to choose MPEG-2 codecs for real time
 > applications. Maybe M-JPEG is the right choice if quality has the
 > highest priority.

AFAIR, the people at Visiontech said that the encoding delay of the
Kfir when using only I frames is one frame. So, this is already much
more than the end of the next 16 pixel line block you were talking
about before. But you should ask Visiontech to get exact numbers.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index