[mpeg2] Re: kfir and linux 2.4.X

Andrew Thomas writes:
 > I've finally got my card to work. I noticed that I wasn't getting
 > any DMA interrupts and after reading the plx documentation and
 > poking around a bit, I got the card working. The card was generating
 > "Local Data Parity check" (which is why is switched of serr), although
 > the core problem is that the card isn't being enabled
 > as a bus master...

Thanks, that might be the reason why the driver fails on some boards.
So, I should insert a pci_set_master() in the initial Kfir config.
I guess I was lucky this was always set by the BIOS on the boards I used.

Do you also get the SERR after busmastering is enabled?
Or is this error unrelated? Then we would still need to clear the SERR
flag.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index