[mpeg2] Re: Multiple Kfirs?

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 04:52:10PM +0100, Andreas Trottmann wrote:

> We are trying to get two Kfir encoder cards in one system to work. While
> the module seems to recognize and configure both cards, only the first
> card can be used. Accessing the second card leads to an instantly frozen
> system, if the first card is encoding at the same time. If it isn't, it
> produces some output, and then dies.
>
> Has anyone already seen this? Can I maybe hack the kfir.o module to only
> configure one card, and then load it multiple times?

Bizarre... on a different computer, the two Kfirs work very well...

So, I probably need to retract or at least change the question:

Has anyone had any problems with multiple Kfirs in a machine, where one
Kfir works well? I tried swapping PCI slots with no result, and if I
only insert one Kfir, it works in either slot.

The machine where it doesn't work is a PCM-9370 single board computer by
Advantech (Transmeta TM5400 CPU, 3.5'' form factor, PC/104+-to-PCI
adapter). The machine where it works is a PICMG single board computer by
IEI on a passive PCI backplane.

--
Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index