[mpeg2] Re: Could someone give a hint what is wrong with this mpg?

Frank,

I have moved all equipment to a windows set up for now and the linux box
is disconnected for the moment, so I'll have to get back to you on the
details of this box later on.

It seems when i move up the bitrate quite a bit the "rythm" dissapears.
I guess the value is dependent on machine speed etc.

The linux box is a 166 MHz machine with 64Mb RAM. Intel motherboard (not
sure which model, but no via chipset), so this is not top of the line,
but encoding has worked fine.

I'm a bit surprised that apparently signal strength is pretty important
for the card to synchronize properly to the video signal.

It might be a huge timesaver for the less experienced user when all the
different parameters which the card supports were explained somewhere.

Something like if you change parameter x you can expect the image to do
this, or if your video looks like this you might try changing parameter y.

The basis parameters are pretyy clear, but the more obscure parameters
really need an explanation.

Thanks for your help so far.

Marcel

--