[mpeg2] Re: VCD/SVCD compliancy

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 12:55:59PM +0000, MAL wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck with producing a VCD (or SVCD) compliant MPEG file?
> ie. one which VCDImager or Nero Burning Rom will accept?
>
> I am guessing it's to do with either the stream type that the kfir is
> producing or, as vcdimager reports, the packet size.

I've never been able to produce mpeg-1 files which satisfied the Berkeley
mpeg tools' checker (I can't remember what it was called, might've been
mpeg_stat).  It always complained about the mpegs having overly large
motion vectors, and I never could find a way to fix this even after
fiddling with numerous kfir registers.

I'm not sure if this accounts for the problem with producing VCDs, but it
may be related.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index