[mpeg2] kfir module

I have finally got my BMK board and have been trying to get it to work and
am having some problems.  I know the capture aspect of the board works
fine through V4L but I would really like to get these drivers working to
take advantage of the encoder.  Okay I'm kind of new to capture hardware
and linux in general but I'll try my best to give a break down of my
system and where I'm at in the setup in the hopes that someone can spot
any obvious problems.  I cannot get the kfir.o module to load.  The
error I get is simply:
kfir.o: init_module: No such device
If I try to specify the irq the error I get is:
kfir.o: invalid parameter parm_irq

The rest of the modules seem to be okay.  The pci-bridge module loaded
fine and I skipped the videodev and i2c modules as I already had them
going.  Here's the i2c section from my modules.conf if it's pertinent.
# i2c
alias char-major-89     i2c-dev
options i2c-core        i2c_debug=1
options i2c-algo-bit    bit_test=1
options ide-cd ignore=hdb

I'm using kernel 2.4.9 and I should mention first that the only real error
I get during the make process is that it can't find the script
"pathdown.sh" it looks for it at "/scripts/pathdown.sh" and I am unclear
as to how to point it to the correct location.

I believe I did the micro code stuff right but I'm not sure, anyways here
are file sizes.
altera_keb_plx_5e.rbf	32385
MPEG1_6.HLD		59902
kfir_micro.h		514777

Also the readme talks about the files 'KfirCMD.h' and 'KfirDef.h', what
are these files, should they have been created.  I don't have them!

If anyone sees something or has some suggestions as to things I should
try let me know.  Also if I failed to list any important info here
(hardware specs, etc.) let me know and I'll add it.  Thanks.

--
Samir A. Singh | Junior Engineer
ELC Technologies

(805) 884.8300 phn
(805) 884.8339 fax

http://www.elctech.com

Privacy and Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended for the
recipients(s) only.  It may contained priviledged and confidential information.
If you are not an intended recipient, you must not copy, forward, distribute or
take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this electronic mail
message in error, please notify the sender immediately.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index