[mpeg2] kfir module

Hi,

sorry, but I cannot make much sense from your descriptions:

ssingh@up.elctech.com writes:
 > I have finally got my BMK board and have been trying to get it to work and
 > am having some problems.  I know the capture aspect of the board works
 > fine through V4L but I would really like to get these drivers working to

That's a neat trick considering the card has no (uncompressed)
capturing abilities.

 > take advantage of the encoder.  Okay I'm kind of new to capture hardware
 > and linux in general but I'll try my best to give a break down of my
 > system and where I'm at in the setup in the hopes that someone can spot
 > any obvious problems.  I cannot get the kfir.o module to load.  The
 > error I get is simply:
 > kfir.o: init_module: No such device
 > If I try to specify the irq the error I get is:
 > kfir.o: invalid parameter parm_irq

Which is correct. There is no such parameter.

 > The rest of the modules seem to be okay.  The pci-bridge module loaded

The kfir.o module controls the PLX 9054 PCI bridge.
So, did it work or didn't it????
If kfir.o says "no such device" then it did not find a PLX 9054.

 > fine and I skipped the videodev and i2c modules as I already had them
 > going.  Here's the i2c section from my modules.conf if it's pertinent.
 > # i2c
 > alias char-major-89     i2c-dev
 > options i2c-core        i2c_debug=1
 > options i2c-algo-bit    bit_test=1
 > options ide-cd ignore=hdb
 >
 > I'm using kernel 2.4.9 and I should mention first that the only real error
 > I get during the make process is that it can't find the script
 > "pathdown.sh" it looks for it at "/scripts/pathdown.sh" and I am unclear
 > as to how to point it to the correct location.
 >
 > I believe I did the micro code stuff right but I'm not sure, anyways here
 > are file sizes.
 > altera_keb_plx_5e.rbf	32385
 > MPEG1_6.HLD		59902
 > kfir_micro.h		514777

MPEG1_6.HLD should only have 59872 bytes.

 > Also the readme talks about the files 'KfirCMD.h' and 'KfirDef.h', what
 > are these files, should they have been created.  I don't have them!

They are now both part of Kfir.h

 > If anyone sees something or has some suggestions as to things I should
 > try let me know.  Also if I failed to list any important info here
 > (hardware specs, etc.) let me know and I'll add it.  Thanks.

Are you sure you have the BMK card?
What kind of "PCI bridge module" which you say loaded fine do you mean?

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index