[mpeg2] Re: Only _one_ TS recording possible

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> After the "One line disturbance in picture" has been solved by using
> a 2.4.18 kernel I'm now trying to solve the (still persisting) problem
> that only _one_ TS recording is possible - every following TS recording
> shows heavy artefacts, and at some point there's no recording possible
> at all any more.
>
> Here's a recipe how this can be reproduced:
>
>  insmod kfir.o vidinput=0 vidrate=3000000 streamtype=4
>
>  cat /dev/video > file1.ts    (Ctrl-C after some 10 seconds)
>
>  cat /dev/video > file2.ts    (Ctrl-C after some 10 seconds)
>
>  rmmod kfir
>
>  insmod kfir.o vidinput=0 vidrate=3000000 streamtype=4
>
>  cat /dev/video > file3.ts    (Ctrl-C after some 10 seconds)
>
> After this you have three TS files. Convert them to any format you
> can replay and watch the results. 'file1' is ok, while 'file2' shows
> artefacts. 'file3' is ok again, as is every first recording after
> the driver has been freshly loaded.
>
> If I do the same with the default setting for 'streamtype' (which
> produces a Program Stream), every recording is ok. So I would assume
> that something doesn't get set or reset correctly in case of TS.
>
> Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Meanwhile I managed to use LIRC and an IR transmitter diode to send
channel switch commands to my Digibox, so all would be ready for a
complete integration of an external analog video source into the VDR
system - if only the driver wouldn't mess up the second and every
following TS recording...

Is there really nobody here on this list who could at least try the
above tests, so I would know if this is really a driver issue or maybe
I'm doing something wrong? I've been looking at the kfir.c code over
and over again, but I can't seem to find anything that could be changed
to fix this :-(

Klaus