[mpeg2] Only _one_ TS recording possible

After the "One line disturbance in picture" has been solved by using
a 2.4.18 kernel I'm now trying to solve the (still persisting) problem
that only _one_ TS recording is possible - every following TS recording
shows heavy artefacts, and at some point there's no recording possible
at all any more.

Here's a recipe how this can be reproduced:

 insmod kfir.o vidinput=0 vidrate=3000000 streamtype=4

 cat /dev/video > file1.ts    (Ctrl-C after some 10 seconds)

 cat /dev/video > file2.ts    (Ctrl-C after some 10 seconds)

 rmmod kfir

 insmod kfir.o vidinput=0 vidrate=3000000 streamtype=4

 cat /dev/video > file3.ts    (Ctrl-C after some 10 seconds)

After this you have three TS files. Convert them to any format you
can replay and watch the results. 'file1' is ok, while 'file2' shows
artefacts. 'file3' is ok again, as is every first recording after
the driver has been freshly loaded.

If I do the same with the default setting for 'streamtype' (which
produces a Program Stream), every recording is ok. So I would assume
that something doesn't get set or reset correctly in case of TS.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Klaus