[mpeg2] Re: howto get the signals?

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:17:33 +0100
Martin <voppe1@spray.se> wrote:

> Since the BMK board seem to be the only functional mpeg hw board working
> under linux, I got quite interested. However there are one thing I'm
> wondering about the card, the video input.
>
> Because the card don't have any tuner capabilities, as I have understood
> most probably use the video output from the vcr. I also read about
> hacking a cheap tv-tuner card to get video out, but there wasn't any
> detailed descriptions on that one.
>
> Do anyone have a detailed description of the tuner hacking or any other
> idea howto get tv signals to the card?

There are other hardware mpeg solutions.

Sensoray
http://www.sensoray.com/html/616data.htm
More expensive than the BMK board, has an mpeg
decoder, proprietary driver (?)

Hauppauge PVR 250
Source now available

Pinnacle Bungee DVD
open-source, includes tuner, USB
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bungee4linux
http://bungee4linux.sourceforge.net

As for the BMK board:
I hacked a hauppauge WinTV 401 card (stereo, NTSC).
Attaching the video out is very simple - this method
also allows you to watch on the computer what you are
going to record.
Involves attaching two wires - very easy to do.  One
wire to the case of the tuner (ground), one wire to
the second or third pin from the right, when holding
the board with ports to the left.

Later,
Torsten

Home | Main Index | Thread Index