[mpeg2] Turning mute off

  I've upgraded my system and I got a couple of problems:

  I applied the Kraxel patches in a 2.6.7 kernel for using the 0.2.12
version of the saa7134 driver. I have a MPEX with no tuner card
(card=18 parameter).

  Now my video is muted and it contains no sound packets (though audio
stream is listed in the PMT). I tried to turn off the mute control, but
the video kept soundless. Brightness, contrast, hue, etc controls worked
as expected.

  The weird thing is I thought this had worked since my first trial was an
apparent success, I could hear sound in the video stream since I
shutdown the machine. The next time I boot the system the card was muted
(as expected) but "unmuting" it not longer worked. This was with the
2.11 version in an unpatched kernel, after a lot of trials I decided to
have a stab at compiling the latest version, but it didn't work.

  I suppose I'm doing some dumb thing, but I'm totally dazed now :(. Is
there anybody with such a card and such a driver version working as
expected?

  The other problem is the transport stream I get is not correct, the
coninuity_counter field skips values from time to time for the video
stream (I can't know if this is true for the audio stream yet).

  Thanks for your time.

--
	Samuel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index