[mpeg2] Re: Turning mute off

Samuel Rivas schrieb:
  I've upgraded my system and I got a couple of problems:

  I applied the Kraxel patches in a 2.6.7 kernel for using the 0.2.12
version of the saa7134 driver. I have a MPEX with no tuner card
(card=18 parameter).

  Now my video is muted and it contains no sound packets (though audio
stream is listed in the PMT). I tried to turn off the mute control, but
the video kept soundless. Brightness, contrast, hue, etc controls worked
as expected.

  The weird thing is I thought this had worked since my first trial was an
apparent success, I could hear sound in the video stream since I
shutdown the machine. The next time I boot the system the card was muted
(as expected) but "unmuting" it not longer worked. This was with the
2.11 version in an unpatched kernel, after a lot of trials I decided to
have a stab at compiling the latest version, but it didn't work.

  I suppose I'm doing some dumb thing, but I'm totally dazed now :(. Is
there anybody with such a card and such a driver version working as
expected?

  The other problem is the transport stream I get is not correct, the
coninuity_counter field skips values from time to time for the video
stream (I can't know if this is true for the audio stream yet).
Did you get an answer or found an solution. I have the same problem with the MPEX tuner card. Under 2.4.26 it worked with sound and under 2.6.7 it is absolutly silent. :-(

Alfred

Home | Main Index | Thread Index