[mpeg2] Re: Porting kfir for kernel 2.6

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Anssi Hannula wrote:

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Anssi Hannula wrote:

Here's the rev2 patch. I made some slight modifications, and added some verbosive debug code (and removed the default debug=1 from Makefile).

Try first insmod kfir.ko debug=1
If it freezes when opening, try with debug=2 (may be *very* verbose)
With debug=2 maybe you should keep a console window open with 'cat /proc/kmsg' so you can see the latest messages before freeze if they don't make it into the syslog.

Now it doesn't freeze any more, but there's no data coming out of
/dev/video0, either.

(resent message, first mail didn't get through since I used wrong "from" address)

Could you post a log of working 2.4 session (insmod and cat) with the
debug=1?

[...]
At this point I did

   cat /dev/video0 > x.x

and waited a while, the I did Ctrl+C to stop it. After that it logged

Jan 15 11:17:43 video kernel: eready=00200001

The file x.x was about 7MB in size and apparently contained valid TS data.

The easiest-to-solve possible problem is the parameters module sends to Kfir. I had to alter them sligtly because they made some floating-point arithmetics, which can't be used in kernel code.

To see any differences in module behaviour, I attach two patches, one for 2.4 (against cvs) and an other one for 2.6 (rev3). They produce verbose output whenever parameters are downloaded to Kfir. Please test them both with the same module parameters (debug=1 included), do cat /dev/video0 > x.x and get the debug output from syslog. Parameter may be reported multiple times in the log, post everything.

--
Anssi Hannula