[vdr] Re: transfer mode problem

Joerg Riechardt wrote:

> I recently put a second DVBs into my system.
> In the weeks before everything worked reliable.
> The problem now is, that after watching channels tuned by the secondary
> card on the primary (transfer mode), when I watch again channels tuned
> by the primary (on which the CA is), channel switching gets unreliable
> (black screen), special for encrypted channels.
> Is that a known problem?
> Or should I be able to improve that behaviour, and how?
>
> astra----------- DVBs--CA (primary)
> hotbird---------DVBs          (secondary)
>
> Jörg

This has been a known (driver) problem for a long time :-(

If you do a replay on a DVB card that contains a CAM (and is currently
tuned to an encrypted channel), something about the CAM appears to go
haywire and after ending the replay you can only tune to that encrypted
channel that was tunded to _before_ starting replay.

VDR's "Transfer Mode" is nothing but a replay session that gets its data
from the second card instead of a disk file, so it is doomed to have the
same problems.

Actually you should have had that problem with your single card system, too.
If you have tuned to an encrypted channel and start a replay (from disk),
then after stopping that replay there are usually also the same problems.
Or did this work for you?

In my system I have the CAM in a non-primary card, which works ok.
But then again all my cards are directed to Astra, so it doesn't
matter here which card has the CAM.

Klaus