[vdr] Re: dynamic plugin system for extension?

Saturday, September 15, 2001, 12:21:57 PM, Tim Lapawa wrote:

TL> I do not like these comparisons. But xine for example use a mechanims which looks for input plugins at startup.

This "feature" makes xine to behave as sluggish as
Windows-MediaPlayer. vdr, on the other hand, starts very quickly.
vdr should remain what it is: a video recorder.
(By the way: it's the only program I know [in connection with the
Linux drivers] which has no stability or tuning problems. Amazing
software!)

--
Tbs,
 Mathias Born