[vdr] Re: Programm VDR over Web

Florian Bischof wrote:
> > The other thing is,that the DATA is delivered to this Products by VIDEOTEXT (austastlücke) of Pro7 - as i know.
> > And the Producers of this kind of SET-TOP-BOXES have to pay TVTV (FAST-Multimedia) for this SERVICE....
>
> Oops... That's too bad. I thought this is a free service, sponsered by
> all these banner-ads..
> So you don't think they want us to use their service for free? :)

Of course they want us to look at all these banner-ads.
The web EPG service is free, there is no doubt about
that and I would bet that they are more than happy if
you use it for whatever purpose you like as long as
you do your selections via their original web interface
and see their ads while doing that.
Heck, you may even print out their merkliste and transfer
its entries to your kitchen's alarm clock in order to
watch these programs live on your kitchen's TV set.
There is no law against that.

I bet you they also do not mind if you download the
merkliste and program your VDR with it, as long as
you still create the merkliste via their original web
interface and see their ads while doing that.

They may even be supportive regarding that data transfer
via the vertical retrace period (Austastlücke)? After
all, it would again indirectly produce additional banner-ad
watching. I guess it would not hurt to ask them.
But it will of course also do no good, unless you know
how to RECEIVE the data in vdr.

The current epg2timers solution (automatic download of
the merkliste via the web) works extremely well for me,
so I have no motivation to put any time into an improvement
that would involve a lot of work (negotiation with them,
maybe changes to the driver, changes to vdr, etc.) and save
me about 2 DM per month in internet charges. ;-)

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index