[vdr] Re: Programming VDR over Web

Thomas Koch wrote:

> Am 9.10.2001 um 13:48 schrieb Axel Gruber:
>
> > > line 19/20. All HTML stuff is templated, so we can (i hope) change simple
> > > language and layout.
> > I donīt have it tryed it yet - but is it possible to use it for Delete
> > recordings and switching Channel too?
>
> Switching channels is possible (but not yet implemented). Manage
> recordings is not possible since VDR does not support this.
>
> @Klaus: Is it possible to add some commands to manage recordings in SVDRP?
>         (list, delete...).

Apparently somebody already did something in that direction.
I didn't consider this a really necessary function, therefore it hasn't
been implemented yet.

> What sense makes the GRAB command? The
>         resulting picture is stored localy, is it possible to change this
>         that the picuture is delivered via SVDRP?

Well, the recorded videos are also stored "locally", so why not store grabbed
images there, too? Transferring the image via SVDRP would of course be possible,
but hasn't beed an issue so far.

There is still a function missing to grab an image with the remote control, but
I'm not sure yet where to put it (there's only so many keys on the RC...).

Klaus