[vdr] Re: Programming VDR over Web

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 11:45:22PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Matthias Weingart wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 06:28:04PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > > Well, the recorded videos are also stored "locally", so why not store grabbed
> > > images there, too? Transferring the image via SVDRP would of course be possible,
> > > but hasn't beed an issue so far.
> > >
> > > There is still a function missing to grab an image with the remote control, but
> > > I'm not sure yet where to put it (there's only so many keys on the RC...).
> >
> > In normal mode (viewing channel) all color keys are yet unused
> > - use the red key for it :-)
> >
> >         Matthias
>
> Those keys are very precious, I wouldn't want to waste them for a function that
> is momentarily desired by a few people, and later come up with a much better
> use for them - and then having to fight backward compatibility issues.
>
> If you like to have that function on the Red key in normal mode, just go
> ahead and put it there.

Is the code to grab a image already inside the vdr sources?
I guess with normal viewing this is difficult to do (vdr does not
have access to the I-Frames), or is a API call available for that?
With replaying it's easier for VDR (and different from viewing) -
it just have to save the actual I-frame.

What are your plans for the color keys in normal mode?

        Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index