[vdr] AW: Re: MPlayer <-> VDR, first try

Is there a Linux-Tool you can use to do one-click divx-encoding ? It would
be great if you could choose a vdr-recoring (or a DVD !!!) with the
remote-control, and then a low-priority thread should be started that
automaticaly converts it to DivX. And all DivX-Movies should be playable
from a seperate menu, too. That would be really great !!

I do not think that such stuff is a great problem.
Vdr should habe a common Api, with wich you can link enhancements (like
Mplayer, and all the others) to it, and that does not change with every
version. Then you would not have to start from the beginning with every new
version, and soon Vdr would be able to do really everything from mp3 to dvd
for everybody, not only the people who have the time to hack it in it again
and again !

Home | Main Index | Thread Index