[vdr] Re: Help VDR works but no output

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:11:10 -0000, "Jonathan Meads"
<jonathan.meads@talbotuw.com> wrote:

> I have some problems with vdr, I have a Hauppauge DVB-s and a Hauppauge
> Nova-t PCI card. I am using the latest DVB driver (not the CVS one) which
> installed fine, VDR compiles and runs however I have a few problems.
>
> I get no output - in the syslog I get the errors "illegal video device
> handle (-1)!" and "channel # not sync'ed on DVB card 2!" "retrying".

Your channels.conf file is wrong. Change the index for the DVB-t
channels to 1.

> The setup.conf file is as per the default, the channels.conf file I took of
> Dave Chapmans web site and I removed the satellite channels leaving only the
> DVB-t channels. (I'm in East London)

Again, change the index to 1.

> How do I know that the DVB-s card is the primary card ? is there a way to
> check if its the primary card ?

Go to setup OSD and select 0 for the primary. You may also look into
/var/log/messages and get some hints.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index