[vdr] Re: VDR.098 vs. VDR.099

Guido Fiala wrote:

> On Saturday, 22. December 2001 13:41, you wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm getting the feeling that 0.99 is less stable than 0.98. Especially
> > when it comes to transfer-mode things. With 0.98 my system was very stable
> > and channel-switching on encrypted channels worked reliably and fast.
> > Since I updated to 0.99, I'm experiencing something where, when I press
> > the Channel-Up/Down button - the current picture gets distorted and frozen
> > for about 2 seconds and only then the next/previos channel is tuned and
> > displayed.
> >
> > I have tested this with different drivers, always the same.
> >
> > Anybody having similiar behaviours?
>
> Did you patch the driver with the diff on Klaus' page?

That diff has nothing to do with channel switching, it is just for
displaying still pictures.

Channel switching works just fine here with 0.99pre1, just as it did
with 0.98 (even with transfer mode). Could you try to use the original
version 0.98 and just replace the files dvbapi.c and dvbapi.h with those
from 0.99pre1? BTW: I'm using driver version 2001-11-17.

Klaus