[vdr] OT: Transcoding a DIVX to another format ?

Hi,

some 1 or 2 weeks ago Arpi mentioned that it would be possible to replay
an AVI with some kind of command-switch and MPlayer would encode the
movie like on-the-fly, but will stream into a file. Must be on the
December section of the ML (-user or - dvb, i don't know).

On the other hand you can your transcode 0.6pre2. This tool comes now
with an MPEG1/2 encoder. Currently I try to ewncode from VDR->DivX4 and
not vice versa, so I have only the knowledge that this is allready in.
Don't know anything about speed or quality.

Would be fine if somebody could try it an come up with some settings.
Actually I read everywhere that the DVB has to use 48 kHz sampling, but
I got also 44.1 kHz (Mono) VDR-streams. Maybe it is possible to skip the
resampling process of the audio.

With ffmpeg 0.4.5 I had once success converting a AVI using the Windows
version. Never tried a newer one or the Linux version.
So long,

Joerg-Oliver Todamm