[vdr] Re: AW: Re: AW: OT: Transcoding a DIVX to another format ?

> What happens if you add -framedrop to your command line (and probably i/o
> buffering via -cache <size in kbytes>)? I'm using a 300 MHz Pentium II
> processor and no frames are lost with MPEG1/2 files there ...

please be so kind and give me your command line options. what resolution are
your mpeg files?
i tried playing back mpeg files on my vdr machine (PIII 450) recorded by my
tv card on my windows pc. which is an athlon 1800+ and is doing fine in
encoding mpeg2 in realtime. (only have cable so channels are limited for me
and my DVB-C card).
i have async audio. as i understood from several postings the dvb card
should be able to replay mpeg1/2 streams so it should be no problem on my
machine. of course it would be even better if vdr would be capable right out
the box to play these files.

eagerly awaiting every  response.
gunnar.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index