[vdr] Re: export recording function for vdr

Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> while try to author a dvd with ac3 and 2ch sound I found that many
> authoring programms feature a "sync to video" option which is based on sync
> or timestamp informations from the streams. It looks like VDR itself don't
> have problems playing al streams in sync. further I discoverd that the time
> information in a cuted recording isn't correct recognized by media players
> (it shows only the time till the first cut) ... The idea could be to
> include a export function in vdr which a) demux the files into the
> Elementary Streams and b) recalculate the right timestamps ...
>
> Would this be possible ??
>
> Greetings
> Stefan

I don't think that an additional "exporting" function would be a good idea.
Something like that would certainly be better done in an external tool.

What might be a good idea would be to fix the PTS in the frames (both audio
and video) and the 'time_code' values in the GOP headers while doing the
editing process (inside cCuttingBuffer::Action()), thus resulting in a
"smooth" continuous stream. I don't know if this can be easily done without
tearing all the video and audio data apart (but I guess it _should_ be
possible). However, I'm not going to implement this myself, so if anybody
would like to try this...

Klaus