[vdr] Re: option -v

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> didn't want to create a large volume. I believe it would be
> better to use LVM and RAID mechanisms for these things - but

Unless you use raid level 5 (which will cost you one extra disk),
you will still be in trouble if only one of your disks fails.

So, I am still using independent disks and I am certain that
this is (at least for me) the best way.

Actually, I am not even using the patch I posted earlier, because
I am too lazy to backup the index.vdr and summary.vdr files. ;-)
Instead, I copy a bunch of movies to the other disks every now
and then and create symbolic links back to /video.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index