[vdr] Re: Bug in EIT parser.. this is the fix!!

O> > Seems to help, but also it increses sysload to 10% so long Pro7 or Kabel1
> > is displayed (only 0.1% on other channels).
>
> Have you tried it with the latest patch at
>
>   ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/vdr-0.99pre3-epgfix.diff

No i did'nt. Now i have done the same using the pre4
(compiling vdr with "-pg" option in all Makefiles) and the result is exactly
the same:

So long the transponder is shared with Pro7, Kabel1 and 9live vdr uses 5-10%
of CPU time on any other channels only 0.1%.
Having run vdr over night with no OSD activity (having some EIT scans) showed
150 million calls of strreplace() and still 75% of being in cBitmap::Fill()
(despite i changed it into "inline" by using "-O3" option in the Makefiles.

> VDR does a lot of string processing to fix the bugs in the EPG data
> transmitted from the TV stations, so I guess that's what's causing this.

But still it's looping to often on above channels? Did'nt look at the code,
but i think the Fill() should only appear if actually an OSD is shown (quite
often).

Guido

BTW - the disk capacity in main menu is a great thing!

Home | Main Index | Thread Index