[vdr] Re: Bug in EIT parser.. this is the fix!!

Guido Fiala wrote:

> O> > Seems to help, but also it increses sysload to 10% so long Pro7 or Kabel1
> > > is displayed (only 0.1% on other channels).
> >
> > Have you tried it with the latest patch at
> >
> >   ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/vdr-0.99pre3-epgfix.diff
>
> No i did'nt. Now i have done the same using the pre4
> (compiling vdr with "-pg" option in all Makefiles) and the result is exactly
> the same:
>
> So long the transponder is shared with Pro7, Kabel1 and 9live vdr uses 5-10%
> of CPU time on any other channels only 0.1%.
> Having run vdr over night with no OSD activity (having some EIT scans) showed
> 150 million calls of strreplace() and still 75% of being in cBitmap::Fill()
> (despite i changed it into "inline" by using "-O3" option in the Makefiles.
>
> > VDR does a lot of string processing to fix the bugs in the EPG data
> > transmitted from the TV stations, so I guess that's what's causing this.
>
> But still it's looping to often on above channels? Did'nt look at the code,
> but i think the Fill() should only appear if actually an OSD is shown (quite
> often).
>
> Guido
>
> BTW - the disk capacity in main menu is a great thing!

I have inserted a counter into cEIT::ProcessEIT() just to see how many
EIT blocks are coming in. The result was overwhelming: on RTL and related
channels there's about 130 EIT blocks coming in within 10 seconds, while
on Pro7 and friends there are about 4300 EIT blocks in the same time
interval! This means that Pro7 is broadcasting over 30 times the EIT data
of RTL - no wonder VDR has a lot to do...

Klaus