[vdr] Re: TITLE+EPISODE macro, options menu

Hello Klaus,

Klaus Schmidinger wrote on Monday, February 04, 2002, 10:55:55 AM:

KS> [UseSubtitle]
KS> I don't think that this one is obsolete, because then the user would
KS> be FORCED to explicitly edit the file name of any such timer. The
KS> way it is now, you can simply create a timer via the "Schedules"
KS> menu, change the "Day" to, e. g., "--M----" and you have a periodic
KS> timer which automatically adds the episode name.

OK, but when turning on this option, VDR shouldn't add an additional
subdir when the user has a repeated (--M----) timer with an EPISODE
keyword.

It could also be implemented that if "UseSubtitle == on" and a timername
(repeating  timer)  ends with NOSUB, VDR doesn't add the subdir for only
this special repeating timer. (Yes, I love keywords. ;-))

A  question  to  the  string  replacement  function  that translates the
keywords:
What  happens  if  an  EPG  title  or  subtitle also contains the string
"TITLE" or "EPISODE"? That's not so probable, but the function shouldn't
end up in an endless loop:

   Simpsons~EPISODE
-> Simpsons~THE WORST EPISODE EVER
-> Simpsons~THE WORST THE WORST EPISODE EVER EVER
-> ...

..just  to  make sure the function works correctly, because I don't know
how it's implemented.

Bye, Uwe.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index