[vdr] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: vdradmin & apache

Am Don, 2002-02-07 um 11.28 schrieb Seeberg, Ingo:
> Hmm, yes. I know what you meen. By forwarding the port to the web
> machine you aren't opening your firewall - no, not really more than
> through the HTML page that puts you through because you only forward the
> port from your VDR box to your webserver.
>
> If you want to use your webserver and build a side that will allow
> access to your VDR box you'll do the same practically: giving access to
> your VDR box from outside your LAN.
>
> What's the diffent between HTML control page and direct forwarding of
> one port? You wouldn't give SSH or telnet access to everybody.

to be more concret there exist 2 firewalls:
  one at the location I'm working, one at home

the office firewall protects more than 2000 user(!), due to this reason
only port 80 is open.
As you can see there is no other way than going through http on port 80,
even if I would open a port on my own firewall (at home)

> Our mailserver communicates with our - sorry for saying that magical
> word - MS Proxy which is forwarding the SMTP port so that everyone could
> receive emails but nobody could access other services.
>
> Best regards
> 	Ingo
>
> PS: I cann't give you a hint on programming your side for your needs
> correctly - sorry.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index