[vdr] Re: AW: Re: vdradmin & apache

"Ortner, Uwe" wrote:

> Am Don, 2002-02-07 um 09.29 schrieb Seeberg, Ingo:
> > Hi Uwe,
> >
> > what about tunneling the VDR port with the SSH protocol: Forwarding port
> > 2001 (for example) to the server you have access to?
> >
> > I don't know the exact syntax but if you think it meets your needs then
> > I'll have a look.
> >
> > Greetz
> >       Ingo
> >

> I dont want to open the firewall(!)
> All I need is a simple(?) html page to access my vdr box from the
> webserver (I come through the firewall on port 80, request a html file,
> the request puts me on port 8001 of the vdr box)

Hi Uwe,

as I undestand you can reach your webserver thru the internet and you
then want to connect further from this machine to your vdr box - right?
;-)

if your webserver is running apache it's easy:

- check if mod_proxy is installed, 'httpd -l' lists all available
modules
- recompile apache with mod_proxy enabled if necessary
- insert the following line into your httpd.conf:
  ProxyPass /somedir/ http://vdr.yourdomain.com:8001/

This should pass all requests made to
http://webserver.yourdomain.com/somedir/somefile.html to
http://vdr.yourdomain.com/somefile.html

Have a look at the mod_proxy docu - there's a lot more funny and useful
things you can do with.

HTH
Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index