[vdr] Re: Data-only card as secondary (was Premiere World on vdr ?)

On Dienstag,  5. Februar 2002 18:14 you wrote the following :
> Hi Ulrich,
  Hi

> > I have got one original Technotrend DVB Card with the Common Interface
> > Connector (... there I can connect the Hauppauge labeled, too ??) as
> > SECONDARY and  one self-modified data-only card of the same type,
> > except it
>
> How did you modify the data-only card?

I got a SDRam IC (soldered out from an old Elsa Earazor Card) and soldered it
onto the free space on the data only card ... that's all.

> I have such a card here, but can't use
> it with VDR.

Yes, you need the ram for decoding Mpeg streams.
But after installing (soldering) the ram you only can use the card for
recording, because of the missing video and audio outs ...
You could solder them in, too. But thats too much work & costs (you need a
SPDIF->Cinch DAC ... which is expensive and rare to get..)

--
Bis denn,

Ulrich

www.kirchheide.de