[vdr] can't locate module char-major-81-0

Hi!
I installed dvb-drivers (newest version)  and vdr 0.99pre5 on RedHat 7.2
(kernel 2.4.7) without problems.
As I want to use it only as Video Recorder without TV, I am using a
WinTV Nova.
First problem I have is that I have to do make insmod after every
reboot. When I do it, it tells me that everything is all right and it
found 1 dvb card.
I can start VDR (I switched of OSD with DEBUG_OSD=1). It says that it
found 1 video device. Then it waits.
I logon with telnet and tell it to grab a picture -> ERROR: can't locate
module char-major-81-0. And if I use kvdr (to get a menu) it can't find
a single channel and it also tells me: -> ERROR: can't locate module
char-major-81-0. Well, I guess this is the problem. I read something in
the archive about it, they used "alias char-major-81-0 dvb"  to autoload
dvb, but that's all I found.
It works fine in Windows.
Please tell me what information you need to help me or tell me something
I could try,
Thank you very much,
Roman

Home | Main Index | Thread Index