[vdr] Re: VDR connected to projector

Am Sam, 2002-02-09 um 14.21 schrieb Emil Naepflein:
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 14:07:19 +0100, nschmidt-nrw@t-online.de (Norbert
> Schmidt) wrote:
>
> > Composite  vs. S-VHS/RGB
> > Is the differenz great enough that I should look for a
> > Rev 1.3 with RGB-out? (I have two DVB-s Rev. 2.1 installed)
>
> The difference between composite and s-video is large, between s-video
> and RGB the difference is only marginal. I would definitely recommend to
> get a 1.3 board and use s-video at least. Some projector may have
> problems with the standard interlaced RGB output.
>

> > DVI
> > Is there a way to use VDR with a graphic-adapter as output
> > device, completely controlled via remote and in the same way
> > as with DVB-s as output device? Maybe kvdr?
>
> You may something like this up, but you may not be happy with it because
> there is no true progressive conversion. You can try this with a regular
> monitor and moving objects.
>
> Emil

actually you should use DVI or VGA on a beamer/projector
S-VHS/RGB doesn't have full frame support.

You can also think on this solution:
S-VHS --> Scaler/LineDoubler --> VGA --> Beamer

2 days ago a received an IscanPro (LineDoubler), the result is
incredible :-))   pictures are more clear, more sharp etc.

If possible to measure this improvement in percent I would say 200%
better(!), direct compared VGA input to S-VHS input (on a Cinema One)

regards
uwe

Home | Main Index | Thread Index