[vdr] Re: colored directories in recordings list (was: Sort order in recordings menu)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Re: colored directories in recordings list (was: Sort order in  recordings menu) (09-Feb-2002 6:17)
From:    Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> On 09 Feb 2002 02:06:30 UT, <apieper@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Another suggestion: subdirs at the end of the file-list.
> > Better: configurable
> >
> > But aside of this: any separation of the subdirs from the normal
> > recordings would be nice.
>
> I think the current output just looks unusual because it has a different
> appearance. The two numbers in front look very different. For me the
> numbers are not very useful. But I wouldn't separate the subdirs from
> the single recordings because then you have to look at two places to
> find a recording.

I don't meant different menu-points or something like that.

Only to combine the subirs at one place (start/end/whatever
of recording-list).
In my vdr-box i can mount/umount various directories from my server
where i store vdr-files sorted by themes (films, documentations
etc.).

If i mount them they appear somewhere between my normal recordings,
it's a bit unclear.

> I personally always change the sorting order so that all cutted
> recordings (I cut only the ones that I keep permanently or very long)
> are sorted to the end of the list. This is very convenient if you have a
> lot of recordings because for the regular day to day transmissions which
> you throw away after viewing anyway, you don't have to go through the
> full list. The file list is also better to read when it either starts
> without cutting indicator or with cutting indicator.

Almost the same here.

> Emil

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index