[vdr] Re: CI / CAM module in software

René Bartsch writes:

> new law ordered by EU, which prohibits to use or have any software or
> hardware which work-arounds scrambling systems.
>
> Goodbye "libdvdcss" and "libdvdread" ...  :-(
>
> Goodbye Linux and DVD ...        :-(

ja ok, but even if they do that, why don't we upload our programs in a
russian server or whatever? why should we buy expensive hardware - hey we're
talking about 200+ *euros* for a CAM!!! and then they change encription
system and another cam has to be bought, and then if I want to see another
bouquet...

Even if a software decoder would be UNLAWFUL, I still think it's not
UNETHICAL.

ciao
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index