[vdr] Re: Dolby Digital - pleas help...

which version of Alsa are you using? I have the very same sound-card and
everything but alsa 0.9beta5 doesn't work for me. In addition, it's
important that you have the mixer settings right, so that raw SPDIF data
gets through.

I also have modified ac3dec a bit so that it only mutes PCM sound if there
is a first AC3 package arriving.

If you want that code, let me know and I will supply it by mail to you

vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org wrote on 15.02.2002 19:43:02:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a DD stream out of my soundcard for three days now,
but
> it is not still not working :(( I tried to follow the documentation at:
> http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/ac3sound.html since I have the same
> soundcard (Leadtek Winfast 4Xsound). I succeeded in step 1-3
(configuring
> and building the the alsa drivers and play sounds through optical
digital
> out. But I'm not able to send any AC3 raw media to the output. I tried
the
> ac3dec shipped with VDR.
>
> But ac3dec -c file gives:
> No such file or directory - Couldn't open file -C
>
> So I tried mplayer. But playing a vob file with DD gives:
>
> dvb:/etc# mplayer -ao alsa9 -ac hwac3 -vo mpegpes -vc mpegpes
> /video0/dolbydigalbroadway.vob
>
> AO: [alsa9] 48000Hz Mono AC3
> alsa-init: this driver is still at alpha-stage. if you want stable sound
> support use the OSS emulation instead.
> alsa-init: requested format: 48000 Hz, 1 channels, AC3
> alsa-init: 1 soundcard found, using: hw:0,0
> alsa-init: unable to set format: Invalid argument
> couldn't open/init audio device -> NOSOUND
> Audio: no sound!!!
>
> And even with a52dec I was not able to get any sattisfying results -
> always only PCM :((
>
> Please help me!!!
>
> Thanks,
>
>    Gernot Weber
> --
> Gernot A. Weber
> http://www.tux-web.de
>
> Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
> on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it.
>
>                               Linus Torvalds, after a hard drive crash

Home | Main Index | Thread Index