[vdr] Re: Dolby Digital - pleas help...

> which version of Alsa are you using? I have the very same sound-card and
> everything but alsa 0.9beta5 doesn't work for me. In addition, it's

I tried 0.9beta10 and CVS. I just downloaded 0.9beta5. It is still
compiling...

> important that you have the mixer settings right, so that raw SPDIF data
> gets through.

I hope so, but I'm not 100% sure...

> I also have modified ac3dec a bit so that it only mutes PCM sound if there
> is a first AC3 package arriving.
>
> If you want that code, let me know and I will supply it by mail to you

Yes, I'm interested.

Thanks,

   Gernot

--
Gernot A. Weber
http://www.tux-web.de

Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it.

                              Linus Torvalds, after a hard drive crash

Home | Main Index | Thread Index