Von: Carsten Koch [mailto:Carsten.Koch@icem.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2002 21:09
An: vdr@linuxtv.org
Betreff: [vdr] Re: Audio+Video getting out ouf sync while replaying?

Thomas Keil wrote:

> >>I had the same effect when I used the Hauppauge Remote Control and
> >>its Receiver. With a serial homebrew LIRC receiver it didn't occur
> >>anymore.
> >>

> >Check the /var/log/messages file.
> >Are there any "ARM crashed!" messages in that file?
> >
> >% fgrep ARM /var/log/messages
> >Feb 14 21:54:56 vdr kernel: dvb0: ARM crashed!
> >Feb 14 23:07:38 vdr kernel: dvb0: ARM crashed!
> >
> Indeed it does:
>
> Feb 19 21:33:31 sauron vdr[20353]: playing [snip]
> Feb 19 21:33:32 sauron vdr[20367]: output thread started (pid=20367)
> Feb 19 21:33:32 sauron vdr[20368]: input thread started (pid=20368)
> Feb 19 21:34:40 sauron kernel: dvb0: ARM crashed!
>
> Does anyone know what it means?

I believe it means that the firmware in the ARM processor on the card
has crashed.

A friend of mine is seeing this very often during normal
use of vdr.
I can reproduce that error easily when editing vdr recordings (see the
list archives). It also happens here when I switch between play, pause,
fast forward and fast reverse too quickly.

I tracked the problem down once and found out that a certain OSD ioctl
is always the last command to the dvb driver before the ARM crashes.
Unfortunately, the driver developers have little interest in the OSD, so
it is unlikely that they will fix this.  :-( IMHO, it is the most
annoying remaining bug.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index