[vdr] Re: OSD of MD usable for VDR ? ONLY THE OSD :-)

ug@teuto.de wrote:

>>>MD?? MiniDisc??
>>>
>>I assume he talks about  MultiDec, the windows software for analog TV and
>>DVB.
>>

> Yes, exactly. But I did not want to mention this name any more because
> everybody thinks that it is only for viewing forbidden tv stations.

MultiDec itself does the same as the DVB driver plus VDR, but under
Windows. The problem starts when you use the external DLL's for logging
and decoding.

> It is a - for windows - quite good "watching tv"-Tool. Much (!!) better than
> the original Hauppauge Software and much cheaper than DVBLive (it is GPL, I
> think, if not, it's freeware :-)
>

>>Sourcecode is available AFAIK.
>>

> Yes, I got it here, but I did not parse it, yet.

I had a quick look at it and the OSD windows it opens are quite big. I
doubt that they would work with newer firmware versions.
I don't want to install windows on my box just to see what the OSD in MD
looks like, could you provide some screenshots?

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index