[vdr] Re: Multiply DVB-S cards sharing one LNB

Matthias@Loetzke.de(Matthias Lötzke)  06.03.02 17:50

Once upon a time Matthias Lötzke shaped the electrons to say...

>René Bartsch wrote:
>> There is a patch around (search mailing-list) that locks
>> all DVB-S cards on the same polarization/band when a
>> recording is done.

>I searched through the mailing lists once again and I did not found
>a patch or an other solution :-(
>There where a some postings talking about a possibilty to patch VDR
>but nothing more.

>If there is anybody on this list who has further information about
>sharing one LNB with two DVB-S cards, please leave a message on the
>list.

Do you have only one Koax-cable from LNB to your room?
If two, you do only need a "multi switch".

If one koax only:

There is only "one" problem (i think i wrote already several weeks ago?)

VDR "forgots" to turn used cards off, or at least turn it
back to vertical polarizition.

So it is not possible to record or see(!) any vertically polarized
programs, after VDR recorded one horizontal :-(

Workarround:
Programm after each hor-recording a vert-recording and
keep fingers off while vert-recordings...

I never heard about any patch that "locks" the VDR to "vertical"
if "vertical" is recorded.

On "horizontal" there is no problem: One can't switch the
antenna to "vert", be cause the highest Voltage wins.
And that is these for hor polarization.

DeSeq etc. is not possible AFAIK.

Manually you can force the second card back to horizontal
if you start a recoding manually, switch to an other
channel, switch back and stop the recording.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index