[vdr] Re: Videotext over S-Video-Out

tom23@web.de(Thomas Mohr)  08.03.02 23:33

Once upon a time Thomas Mohr shaped the electrons to say...

>Andreas Gebel wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have connected my Philips 32-PW8707 to my DVB Card by a S-Video
>> SCART Cable. For a long time I wondered that videotext did not work.
>> Last time I accidently started the DVB driver with CVBS output and
>> Videotext did work. So I am not sure if the DVB card does not insert
>> the Videotext signal to S-Video or the TV is unable to decode a
>> Videotext signal from S-Video.

>I made the same experience. Most probably the signal is not able to
>transfer the part of the signal containing the VT signal.

>VT works for me in CVBS and RGB modes (CVBS is used to sync the RGB).
>Of course, recordings do not contain VT signals.

>As the 8707 has 2x RGB input, i recommend using this...

What does happen to Videotext when you connect the
to S-Video to the Composite input of the TV?
(That should give a B&W image)
What does happen, when you connect the Composite to the S-Video?

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //

Home | Main Index | Thread Index