[vdr] AC3 over DVB and Probs with Sony

Hallo,

I have the same Problem like Roland as I
have a Sony Receiver also.
It shows DD 3/2 but stays quiet....
So today I connect a professional audio equipment (Neutrik A2D)
to my DVB Card (Siemens - 1.3) and it may be interessting
(especially for Wolfgang Fiesel) what it shows.
here are the infos about the signal status:

Input: 3,6 - 4 Vpp
Jitter: 1,2 ns

Status of Channel 1:

Byte 0: Consumer, Audio Use, Copy Permit, 2 Ch, No Emph, Mode 0
Byte 1: 2 Ch General Format, Generation 1+
Byte 2: Source Nr: No, Channel Nr. A
Byte 3: FS=44,1 KHz, Clk Accuracy Level 2
Bytes 4 - 20: 00

Channel 2 are the same but shows Channel B in Byte 2 as expected...

As I understand, the showing of "Audio use" and "2 Ch" is normal
as it's a hack and a slightly "screewing up" of the  standard so this
should be normal in this situation.
But the status information of FS=44,1 is strange as the
measurement shows a sample frequency of 48000,14 Hz.
Maybe this is the problem where Sony and other (?) receivers
are confused...
Trying to decode this signal with with the Neutrik
brings the same pulsing signal to the speakers as we have
at the analog out of the DVB card...

Maybe this helps a little...

--

    _    _
   (o)--(o)

 Uwe Weissbach, Leipzig

mail:   uwe.weissbach@web.de
pgp:    send mail with "pgp-request" in subject

Home | Main Index | Thread Index