[vdr] Re: AC3 over DVB and Probs with Sony

> Hallo,
>
> I have the same Problem like Roland as I
> have a Sony Receiver also.
> It shows DD 3/2 but stays quiet....
> So today I connect a professional audio equipment (Neutrik A2D)
> to my DVB Card (Siemens - 1.3) and it may be interessting
> (especially for Wolfgang Fiesel) what it shows.
> here are the infos about the signal status:
>
> Input: 3,6 - 4 Vpp
> Jitter: 1,2 ns
>
> Status of Channel 1:
>
> Byte 0: Consumer, Audio Use, Copy Permit, 2 Ch, No Emph, Mode 0
> Byte 1: 2 Ch General Format, Generation 1+
> Byte 2: Source Nr: No, Channel Nr. A
> Byte 3: FS=44,1 KHz, Clk Accuracy Level 2
> Bytes 4 - 20: 00
>
> Channel 2 are the same but shows Channel B in Byte 2 as expected...

I don't think that's the problem. I think sony didn't implement the
standard to wrap AC3 into PCM correctly. I also tested
http://www.modernrecording.com/articles/soundav/link46.html
and the receiver shows the same behaviour.
(if I play the CD, receiver switch to DD 3/2, but stays quiet)

Roland

Home | Main Index | Thread Index