[vdr] Re: Picture viewer

Hello,

I have experimented with ImageMagick/mpeg2enc to convert bitmaps into MPEG-2
I-frames (the format needed to display a still picture on the DVB card) and
there is one problem.

If I use a driver with Klaus's "Still image patch", then the DVB card won't
display my images, but if I use the original driver, then it works fine (but
VDR can't display a still image during editting).

I assume that this is why Convergence won't accept Klaus's patch into the
main version of the driver.  If any developers want to experiment with this,
you can use my dvbimage application at http://www.linuxstb.org

Dave.

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 08:16, you wrote:
> jan_lists@sporbeck-family.de wrote:
>
> > another idea:
> > if this picture-viewer thing is possible,
> > how about getting a [predefined] image or snapshot of a recording while
> > browsing them?
> shouldn't be too difficult. The stillframe patch is there. you only need
> to force vdr to load a picture (maybe 'overview.jpg') from the current
> recordings directory. Maybe we can display a standard picture from
> $VDRCONFIGDIR if none is found. Maybe a nice VDR-Logo....

Home | Main Index | Thread Index