[vdr] Re: Picture viewer

Dave Chapman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have experimented with ImageMagick/mpeg2enc to convert bitmaps into MPEG-2
> I-frames (the format needed to display a still picture on the DVB card) and
> there is one problem.
>
> If I use a driver with Klaus's "Still image patch", then the DVB card won't
> display my images, but if I use the original driver, then it works fine (but
> VDR can't display a still image during editting).

The DVD player also needs to enforce the display of a single I-Frame.
There is a class called cIFrameAssembler in the DVD patch, that extracts
a single I-Frame from a MPEG-2 stream. The extracted I-Frame is then
pushed into the driver by cDVDplayBuffer::SendIframe().
This method works on both, the orignal and Klaus's patched driver versions.
Maybe the same method could be employed for VDR editting and the still
picture viewer.

Have fun

Andreas

> I assume that this is why Convergence won't accept Klaus's patch into the
> main version of the driver.  If any developers want to experiment with this,
> you can use my dvbimage application at http://www.linuxstb.org
>

> Dave.

[...]

Home | Main Index | Thread Index