[vdr] Re: help adding another card

> "Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M" wrote:

> > > Is there a way to setup the channels.conf to say DVB
> cards 2 and 3 can
> > > provide these channels ?
> >
> > The new-look channels.conf will allow you to do so, because
> you define capabillities of each card seperately.
> >
> > @Klaus
> > May you need an additional entry in the ca.conf for 'cannot
> receive anything' to characterize the primary (DVB-S) card.
> >
> > CU,
> > Christian.
>
> What would that be good for? If you want to avoid the primary card when
recording,
> just set the "Primary limit" to a high value (99 will prevent any timer
from ever
> using the primary card).

There are 3 cards.
The primary cannot receive anything (because there's no dish).
Recordings are made with either the 2nd or 3rd card. Live viewing via
transfer mode.
How do you configure VDR's ca parameters in the channels.conf that it knows
that the primary card cannot receive anything ?
You might be able to tweak it by saying card 1 can only receive PW (ca=101)
and card 2 and 3 can only receive FTA (ca=0)).
That's where I thought about introducing a ca parameter identifying a card
that is capable of replay only.

Just my thoughts,
Christian.